Thursday, February 22, 2007

The VISIONS OF HEAT meme


AS a bit of intro- I discovered Nalini from a Sil Desire novel, that was in a bag of books that a friend gave me. Then I stumbled upon her web-page and her Slave to Sensation novel. The first para-normal fantasy book I had every read - unless you count Tolkin, which I read for a class in college - or maybe that story about the Lilliputians - in Eng Lit.

But anyway, I wanted to pass this along to you all, to support the release of her new book.(Ok, Ok, I also get entered into her contest - so that helps too.... but seriously - this is fun too!)

The VISIONS OF HEAT meme

1. Which psychic power would you most like to possess?

I would so like to be able to find things, that are missing without tearing my house apart. I spend a serious amount of time looking for my car keys, sippy cups, favorite toys, a stuffed bunny named Babalious aka BABY aka BABS, a stuffed bear, the remote control, my cell phone, my sunglasses, my husbands sunglasses, his car keys, his work ID and any number of other household items. To simply be able to wish them to appear in front of me would rock!

2. If you could see the future, what would you like to see?

I really would hate to be able to see the future. I am not sure it is health to know what it going to happen in the future. Messing with time is a heady thing. I remember reading The Time Travelers Wife and that just seemed to freaky a concept for me. I will just stay right where I am.


3. Imagine you woke up one day and could shapeshift - what would you shift into?

I would like to shift into a hawk. I would really like to be able to fly and see the world from the sky. It also would not hurt to be near the top of the food chain, as an animal and as a human.

4. What kind of a paranormal creature would you invite over for dinner if there were no limits on who you could ask?
I would like to invite some fairies over for dinner. They seem like they would be fun and my daughter really really likes the fairy godmothers from Sleeping Beauty. Although the Valkyie form Kresley Cole's Vampire series seem really cool too, they might be fun dinner company too.


5. Which future innovation do you wish would hurry up and get here already? i.e. flying cars, a transporter, computers with artificial intelligence, an auto chef?

Well I may sound like a broken record, but seriously I spend so much time searching for my stuff and other people's stuff, I would love a household computer that keeps track of stuff and brings it to you when you ask. If you want your coat, just ask. If you want the groceries put away, just ask. Like a smart house that cleans itself.

This meme was begun by Nalini Singh to get the word out about her next book, Visions of Heat (releasing March 6).

Want to play, too, and enter to win a $50 Amazon voucher plus an ARC? Click here for details.

_____________________________

No comments: